இந்தப் பக்கத்தை தமிழில் வாசிக்க: எண்செய்யுள்
Enseyyul is one of the Tamil Sitrilakiyam (minor literary) works. Prabandham is the Sanskrit word for Sitrrilakiyam. The Enseyyul comprises of collections of 10 to 1000 poems praising the hero (paatudaith thalaivan - male protagonist) and his village. Each poem collection has a certain number of poems and each poem praises the name of the place where the Lord resides or the king lives . Each poem collection (book) is titled as per the number of poems in it..
Some of the Enseyyul books are:
- Muthollaiyiram (three nine hundred): These poems comprise collection of three nine hundred songs, each hundred sung on each of three kings : Chera, Chola and Pandya, as the hero of the song. Therefore, it was named as Muthollaiyiram (three nine thousand).
- Arumbai Thollaiyiram (nine hundred)
- Thiruingoimalai Ezhuvathu (seventy)
- Thiruvottiyur Orupa Orupathu
oththidum paaddudaiththalaivan oorpeyarinai
eduththum ennaal peyar pera
eerainthu kavimuthal aayiramvarai sollal
- Prabandha Deepam-21
ooraiyum peyaraiyum uvanthu ennaalae
seerithin paadal enseyyul aakum
- Kaliththuraip Paatiyal ennum Navaneethap Paatiyal by Navaneetha Nadanaar, Publishers: S. Kaliyaanasundar Iyer and S.G. Ganapathi Iyer
- Ilakana Vilakam Porul Athigaram - Paatiyal by Vaidhyanatha Desikar, Puublishers: T.V. Gopal Iyer, Thiruvaiyaru
- Muthuviriyam - Publisher: K. Sundaramurthy