இந்தப் பக்கத்தை தமிழில் வாசிக்க: இளங்கோ கிருஷ்ணன்
Ilango Krishnan (born March 15, 1979) is a poet in Tamil and writes modern poetry. Ilango Krishnan writes metaphorical and musical poems. Ilango is also known for his discussion on aesthetics and poetics and he is also known as a critic.
Ilango Krishnan was born on March 15, 1979 in Coimbatore to the couple of Balakrishnan and Saraswati.
Ilango Krishnan completed his primary education at CSI Primary school, Pappanayakkan Palayam, Coimbatore and higher education at R.K. Sreerangammal Kalvi Nilayam, Coimbatore. Ilango Krishnan completed his higher education in Corporation Men's Higher Secondary School, Ramanathapuram, Coimbatore. He studied Chartered Accountancy at CA Foundation and Inter ICAI in Coimbatore. He also obtained Bachelor of Commerce degree through postal education in Annamalai University.
Ilango Krishna's wife's name was Yuvarani. They got married on on November 02, 2011 and have a daughter named Layasree (2012).
Ilango Krishnan worked as an assistant in the office of a Chartered Accountant. Currently he works is a journalist.
Ilango Krishnan made his debut as a songwriter in the upcoming film Ponniyin Selvan directed by by Mani Ratnam.
Ilango Krishnan is one of the poets who has written poems related to politics. When talking about his thought process Ilango says "Even though I am interested in Dialectical Materialism, I believe in allowing Idealistic views to an extend, which will help with my philosophical thought process. In politics it can be called Liberal Left Democratic View". Ilango Krishnan also says his political views are influenced by Kovai Gnani.
Ilango Krishnan started writing poetry during his college days. His poems from 2003 to 2005 were published in 2007 as Kayasandigai. Ilango Krishnan claims his poems are influenced by C. Subramania Bharathiar, Athmanaam and Manushya Puthiran. In fiction he is influenced by Kovai Gnani, Jeyakanthan, Jeyamohan, Ramesh Predahan. Ilango Krishnan writes ப்oems as well as micro narrative stories which are close to poems. He writes Literary Criticisms and General Political and socially critical essays.
Ilango Krishnan gives Literary lectures on poetry. Conducts Literary Introductory Classes through online media.
Ilango Krishnan is considered to be an important poet in modern Tamil poetry for his handling of traditional poetic images and myths in a new way, writing musical lines and his aesthetic expression of political consciousness and satire.
Critic Azhagunila states "When I finished reading Kayasandigai, Patchiyin Saritham, Basheerukku Ayiram Veligal Theriyum, Viyanulagu Vathiyum Perumalar collections all at once, as a reader, I saw Ilango as a bird who who clings to the tail of a two thousand year old bird and wanders between Sublimation and awareness".
- Devamagal Arakattalai Virudhu (2008)
- Chennai Ilakkiya Virudhu (2015)
- Vaasagasalai Virudhu (2021)
- Kayasandigai (Poems)
- Patchiyin Saritham (Poems)
- Basheerukku Ayiram Velaigal Theriyum (Poems)
- Viyanulagu Vathiyum Perumalar (Poems)
- Marutham Meetpom (Articles)
- Ilango Krishnan Inaiyapakkam
- Thinnai Ilango Krishnan Kavithaigal
- Basheerukku Ayiram Velaigal Theriyum - Vimarsanam - Omnibus
- Ilango Krishnan Kavithaigal - Sarvothaman Sadagopan
- Manithanin Viyakoolamum Kuthookalamum - Tamil Hindu Katturai December, 2013
- Ilango Krishnan Kadakkum Ellai - Sangararamasubramaniam
- Yathreegan Ilango Krishnan Kavithaigal
- Ilango Krishnan Kavithaigal pattri C. Muthuvel
- Thinaigal, Ilango Krishnan Articles
- Ilango Krishnan - Selvaraj Jegadeesan Katturai - Anthimazhai
- Ilango Krishnan Kavithaigal - Balaji Raju
- Karavupathaigal - Jeyamohan
- Viyanulagu Vathiyum Perumalar - Ilango Krishnan Erpurai
- Basheerukku Ayiram Velaigal Theriyum - Ilango Krishnan Erpurai
- Ilango Krishnan Uma Mithravudan Kalanthuraiyadal Kanoli youtube.com
- Viyanulagu Vathiyum Perumalar - Jeyamohan Vimarsana Urai