இந்தப் பக்கத்தை தமிழில் வாசிக்க: இசைஞானியார்
Isaignaniyar is one of the Saiva saints, known as 63 Nayanmars. Isaignaniyar is one of the three woman saints in the sixty three saints.
Isaignaniyar was born in the Adi Saiva commmunity at Thiruvarur. Isaignaniyar was the daughter of Gnana Sivachariar of Gautama gotra. Isaignaniyar was devoted to Lord Shiva. When Isaignaniyar reached marriable age, Gnana Sivachariar got her married to Sadaya Nayanar, a devotee of Lord Shiva.
Isaignaniyar and Sadaya Nayanar couple gave birth to Sundaramoorthy Nayanar. Isaignaniyar, her husband and their son are featured in the list of 63 Nayanmars.
- Thiruthondar Thiruvanthathi poem which mentions about Isaignaniyar
Nalamvilan kunthiru navalur thannil sadayennum
Kulamvilan kumpuka lonai uraippar kuvalayathil nalamvilan
Kumbadi naamvilan kumpadi natravathin palamvilan kumbadi aru
- Thiruthondar Puranam explains Isaignaniyar's story in a poem as
Navalthriu padhikor selvar saiva
Nayakaman sadayanar nayanda inbap
Poovai kulamadanthai porpar kombu
Punithamiku niramanithu potri seide
Avil thikazhthalaivan valia anda
Arurar avatharitha arunthavangal purindar
Yaavakum ettatha isainda inba
Isaignani enagnanam elidam andre
Guru puja is celebrated every year for Isaignaniyar in Siva temples on the day of Chithirai star in the month of Chithirai (Tamil month).
- Nayanmar Varalaru - Tamil Development Board - Thiru. V. Kalyanasundaram - 2016
- Saivam Vartha Arupathu Moovar - Vijaya Pathippagam - C.S. Devanathan - Fourth Edition - 2016
- Isaignaniyar, Tamil Virtual University
- 63 Nayanmars - Isaignaniyar, Dinamalar Daily